Photo by David Shankbone
I’m in the midst of changing some things up here on my personal website. One of the biggest changes is creating a more useful email list to you, my readers!
Beginning today, I have created a new email list in which you will receive a monthly financial book review from me, Larry. You see, over the last several years, I have been in the process of literally devouring over one hundred personal finance books. I’ve taken copious notes. I’ve highlighted a lot of material. I’ve learned a lot. I’m in the processing of translating this goldmine of information into useful action steps for your personal finances.
Each month, I will email you exclusive book review material that I won’t publish anywhere else. It won’t be on the blog. If you want to glean some “nuggets” from all my personal finance reading, then sign-up in the contact form below. Happy Reading!
Let Go Day
Today is Let Go Day. Here’s the info on this special day that Pat Flynn personally sent to me just a few days ago:
The event is going to be a blast. Let Go Day is a celebration of everyone who has ever Let Go, bet on themselves and pursued their own path. Here are all the exciting details.
What: Two-hour LIVE UStream Broadcast with me and special guests
When: Monday, June 17th (TODAY!) beginning 12:00 P.M. Pacific / 3:00 P.M. Eastern
Why: Because who doesn’t like a party?! 🙂
Who: You, your friends, and your future friends
I’ll be hosting the LIVE broadcast for two hours! My family may make an appearance. My Let Go team may make an appearance. And some special guests may make an appearance. We’ll talk about our Let Go stories as well as yours, if you share them with us. There will be a few ways to share your stories:
- Via #LetGoDay Twitter hashtag
- In the Ustream chat during the webinar
- In the comments of the Let Go Day blog post on Smart Passive Income (coming soon!)
We’ll also be holding a giveaway every 15-20 minutes on the broadcast. We’re still finalizing the giveaways, but you can be assured that awesome books and gift cards will be included.
Let Go | The Book
This day is also a celebration of blogger/podcaster Pat Flynn’s first published book, Let Go. I had the opportunity to read Pat’s book over the weekend, and I wanted to share my insights to my readers on Pat’s special day:
- The book is a super quick read! It only took my about 45 minutes to go from beginning to end.
- The price point is excellent for a short book. $2.99 over at Amazon.com.
- Inspirational is the best word to describe Pat’s first book. I came away stoked and inspired to keep working on my own blog and various side projects I have going right now.
- This book resonates with my message here on my blog: “moving from ordinary to extraordinary.” Pat has certainly done that in his life through building an awesome online empire!
- I loved all the quotes Pat used for each chapter heading. Great quotes, Pat!
Here are some great life lessons I came away with from Let Go:
- Lesson 1: Things work out when you least expect them.
- Lesson 2: Great decisions can put you in front of great opportunities.
- Lesson 3: Hard work and dedication do pay off, over time.
- Lesson 4: Creating a blog is a great tool for the blogger himself to learn and grow.
- Lesson 5: Negative events (such as being “let go” from a job) can lead to amazing things. I’ve shared this same principle in my recent FREE eBook Moving From Broken To Superhuman.
- Lesson 6: Use times of life transition to learn and grow.
- Lesson 7: “This isn’t your fault. We’re going to be okay.” Life stuff happens, but things end up working out in the end. Keep the faith. Play the cards dealt to you.
- Lesson 8: Make smart financial decisions during a life crisis. I don’t know if Pat and his wife are Dave Ramsey followers, but they seem to know how to handle their finances, wisely. Love it!
- Lesson 9: Podcasts are great tools for personal growth.
- Lesson 10: Create mastermind groups of like-minded individuals.
- Lesson 11: Hustle, hustle, hustle.
- Lesson 12: Going back to school to get another degree isn’t always the best solution.
- Lesson 13: Family is the most important thing. Cherish your moments together.
Click on my affiliate link below to get this amazing, inexpensive, inspirational book on Pat’s life story. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I have.